Why Choose A Pharmaceutical-Grade Omega-3 Fish Oil?
Pharmaceutical-Grade Fish Oil
Here at BioStem, we take our fish oil very seriously. It was the first product that Dr. Dave’s Best ever manufactured, and you could say we have a passion for making the absolute best on the market. We know there are many competitors out there, and we make sure to stay ahead of them so that we can continue to offer the pinnacle of fish oil supplements.
Who are our customers? Sometimes it’s people who are new to the world of fish oil and really want to boost their levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Other times it’s those who want to upgrade to something more pure and more sustainable than many of the other fish oils you’ll find out there.
BioStem offers four varieties of fish oil: Dr. Dave’s Best Pharmaceutical-Grade Fish Oil (the industry standard), Dr. Dave’s Best Wild Red Fish Oil (an excellent option for those looking for omega-7), Dr. Dave’s Best Super Omega-3 (made with fish oil and other inflammation-reducing supplements, aka “fish oil on steroids”), and Dr. Dave’s Best Ultra 85 (“weapons-grade” omega-3 EPA and DHA fish oil). Before we detail the differences in our pharmaceutical-grade fish oil gel capsules and why someone would choose one over another, we thought it best to discuss some of the most-asked questions about it. Is it really that healthy for you? What makes one better than another? Let’s find out.
What Are the Benefits of Fish Oil?
Omega-3 is an amino acid, and it’s called an “essential” amino acid for a reason: our bodies require it. However, a body can’t make it by itself, so we have to get it from the food we eat (or the omega-3 EPA and DHA supplements we ingest).
We’ll talk below about why it can be difficult for people to get enough omega-3 in their diet later, but first we’re going to discuss what the benefits of fish oil are. What does the science say? Is more really better? Here are some of the reasons that people come back to BioStem for their pharmaceutical-grade fish oil again and again.
Omega-3s Lower Blood Pressure
More than 70 million Americans suffer from hypertension, and this contributes to 1,000 deaths a day in our country alone. Consuming omega-3 fatty acids such as those found in fish oil have been found to reduce blood pressure. At the same time, it’s also helping to reduce the amount of triglycerides in the blood. Consuming omega-3 with high DHA and EPA reduced systolic blood pressure by 4.51 and diastolic by 3.05. While those numbers might not sound like much, those simple reductions could save thousands of lives each year.
The best way to reduce blood pressure is to engage in regular exercise. And while reducing salt and cutting alcohol consumption have long been known to help with blood pressure, getting more omega-3s into your diet actually beats both of them! (Making sure you get all four of them-- exercise, less salt, less alcohol, more fish oil -- is ideal.)
Reduction in Heart Disease
Omega-3s have long been known to reduce inflammation, and inflammation is one of the primary causes of heart disease. Inflammation damages blood vessels, which can then lead to heart disease and other heart-related problems.
Overall Heart Health
Fish oils have been studied for their ability to reduce plaque in the arteries, which puts less pressure on the heart. In fact, the omega-3 in fish oil can significantly reduce the chances of sudden cardiac arrest and death.
Reduce the Likelihood of Stroke
After heart problems and cancer, stroke is the number three killer in the nation. Once again, fish oil’s ability to reduce triglycerides can reduce blood clots. That’s good, because blood clotting can lead to stroke. Omega-3 also reduces the inflammation and oxidative stress throughout the body. As a bonus, omega-3 can also cross the blood/brain barrier, directly nourishing your brain.
Help With Depression
First of all, we would like to point out that fish oil should not be the only step taken if you are battling depression. It’s important to talk to a doctor about the level of your depression and discuss treatments with them.
We are happy to say studies show that the omega-3 found in fish oil can increase mood level in those with mild depression. Even better, they can help those with regular moods feel even better! The exact means aren’t clear, but the most plausible reason seems to be that it supports cell membranes and allows the brain's natural neurotransmitters like serotonin to move throughout the brain more easily.
Omega-3 can plan an important part in eye health throughout life. Some studies show that it plays an important part in fetal eye development, while other research shows that it helps fight macular degeneration.
While most studies don’t show a decrease in LDL (bad cholesterol) when taking omega-3 fish oil supplements, they do indicate that levels of HDL (good cholesterol) can be raised by taking fish oil capsules.
The primary reason for arthritis and other joint problems is inflammation. Luckily, as fish oil is helping reduce inflammation in the heart and arteries, it can also help reduce inflammation in the cells of the joints.
Omega-3 has been shown to help keep hormones in balance, especially in women. This can help people get better sleep.
As always, it’s important to talk with your doctor before making any major changes to your diet or trying to tackle a disease. But the benefits that that are associated with fish oil with high omega-3 levels, coupled with the fact that the side effects are typically minimal, means that there’s a really good chance your doctor will approve.
So, what are the best ways to get omega-3 fatty acids into your diet? Can you get them by simply eating a lot of fish? Well, yes and no. Let’s look into the subject a little deeper.
Can’t I Just Get My Omega-3 From My Diet?
Humans need omega-3 fatty acids in order to remain healthy. As we mentioned above, humans aren’t able to make omega-3 fatty acids in the body, so we have to get it from our diet. The simplest way to do this is to take a fish oil that’s high in EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). The fatty acids found in regenerative supplements can do wonders throughout the body, both in the short and long term.
So, if humans need to get omega-3s from their diet, shouldn’t that be the goal? Instead of taking a supplement, can’t you just get everything you need from a well-balanced diet? Ideally, yes, but there are some aspects of modern life that get in the way.
Fish Have Become Contaminated
Doctors have long suggested a diet rich in cold-water fish in order to get the omega-3s you need. Fish contain concentrated sources of omega-3s, especially cold-water oily fish such as tuna, herring, anchovies, or salmon. In a perfect world, eating enough of these fish would give you the EPA and DHA fish oil you’re looking for.
Unfortunately, we don’t live in a perfect world. We live in a world that has become very polluted, with heavy metals such as mercury, cadmium, and lead filling the oceans. These contaminants get into krill and other tiny species of sealife, which are eaten by small fish. The medium fish eat the small fish, and the large fish eat the medium fish. Because these heavy metals usually aren’t expelled by the body, a large fish such as a tuna can end up with a scary amount of toxic metals in its body, which can be transferred to you when you eat it. Since your body also can’t expel those heavy metals, they can end up staying with you for the rest of your life.
As much as we’d like to say “just eat fish,” the current state of our oceans make that unavoidable. But since we source our non-GMO fish oil from fish, how can we make sure that those contaminants don’t find their way into our Dr. Dave’s Best Capsules? There are two ways in which we avoid this. First, we use smaller fish that are farther down on the food chain. Those fish haven’t eaten as much and don’t tend to live as long, meaning that they haven’t had much time to build up toxins. Second, by processing the fish, we are able to “weed out” the chemicals via the cooking and distillation process. By the time the pharmaceutical-grade capsule is ready for you, its purity is off the charts. No heavy metals or other toxins to worry about!
Fish Every Day
In today’s world, we have a lot of choices. Even landlocked states have easy access to fresh fish. There are also frozen, canned, and smoked options. There’s even a great variety of fish, though not every type of fish has the concentrations of omega-3s that you’re looking for. (Some fish like catfish have bad fats that you should try to avoid.)
As easily as we can find fish, not everyone wants to eat fish every day. Even those who have only chosen to eat fish as their meat choice can get tired of eating fish every...single...day. So instead of forcing themselves to choose between the strictly vegetarian meal and eating fish yet again, fish oil pills give them the option to get the omega-3 EPA and DHA they need in their diet.
Of course, fish aren’t the only way to get omega-3 into a diet. Essential amino acids can be found in certain plants as well, but there’s a catch...
Don’t Other Foods Contain Omega-3s?
There are three types of omega-3s. The first two are DHA and EPA, which are the types found in marine animals. Then there’s ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), which is most often found in seeds, greens, and nuts. What are good sources of ALA? Chia seeds, walnuts, spinach, firm tofu, navy beans, flax seeds, and brussels sprouts all contain high levels of this essential amino acid.
ALA is actually a precursor to omega-3 EPA and DHA. The body can convert ALA into EPA and DHA. Unfortunately, it doesn’t do so very effectively. Only about 1-percent of the ALA you eat is going to turn into EPA or DHA, which means that those foods aren’t the best way to get the omega-3 you’re interested in.
Now don’t get us wrong. We definitely want you to keep eating those foods we just mentioned, because in most cases they’re incredibly healthy beyond their levels of amino acids. Your body will still benefit from the vitamins, minerals, and fiber in them, and eating healthier foods will make you less likely to snack on unhealthy processed foods. We just want to let you know that there are more efficiently-absorbed options out there, and why you don’t have to feel bad when you eat a meal that doesn’t contain such foods.
So What’s the Answer?
Eating a reasonable amount of oily, cold-water fish can get you a good amount of essential omega-3, but eating it daily could mean you’re absorbing more toxins than you’re comfortable with. Processing the fish to remove the toxins means that fish oil is still the most efficient and safe way to get the omega-3 EPA and DHA you’re looking for.
But there are so many brands of fish oil out there. How can you ever make the decision as to which one is best? Which one is safest? And, on the practical side, which one won’t give you the dreaded “fishy burps”? Read on to find out why a pharmaceutical-grade fish oil might be right for you.
What Are The Advantages of Our Fish Oil Over Others?
There’s no doubt that you’ve seen fish oil just about everywhere, from vitamin shops to big box stores. You might wonder, why is one fish oil $6 while another is $35? Is there really any difference in the quality of the fish oil?
To tell the truth, yes. The differences are sometimes obvious, sometimes a bit more difficult to suss out. Let’s take a look at three reasons you might want to do some research and leave the cheapest fish oils on the shelf.
A Better Flavor
If someone doesn’t like to take fish oil, it’s often because of the flavor. It’s not usually the flavor going down the esophagus that people have a problem with. After all, most people take fish oil in capsule form and never taste it on the way down. It’s the burping that most people have a problem with; fish oil, since it’s made from fish, can have that fishy taste that really turns people off of taking such an incredibly healthy product.
To fight the unpleasantness, we add a very pleasant orange taste to our Ultra 85 and our Wild Red Fish Oil. Why these two? The Wild Red Fish Oil is in liquid form, meaning that it will be tasted as it’s going down. And Ultra 85 is a big dose, containing even more fish oil that could really use a flavor to mask it! This natural orange flavoring really cuts the negative associations with taking fish oil.
Why orange, you might ask? Citrus flavors are strong, which allows the taste to overpower even the sometimes-strong taste of fish. Second, many people end up putting the liquid version, Dr. Dave’s Best Wild Red Fish Oil, into foods that aren’t often associated with fish. After all, how many foods do you want to taste like fish other than, say, fish? When you have a fish oil that tastes like citrus, you can put it directly onto salads or into smoothies and enjoy the pleasing citrus taste.
Those who take care of their bodies are often interested in taking care of the planet as well. After all, if you’re going to be nourishing your body with non-GMO fish oil, you’re most likely also interested in clean air, pesticide-free soil, and healthy oceans.
It’s that last one that is of utmost importance in our fish oil. We are fully aware of the problem of overfishing certain types of sea life, and that’s why we are dedicated to sourcing our fish oil from responsible sources.
BioStem is dedicated to bringing you the absolute best when it comes to health supplements online. We promise that what we say is in the supplement is what’s actually in the supplement. In fact, there are many reasons why it’s important to go with a pharmaceutical-grade supplement instead of something that’s of lower quality. While we wrote an entire article on the importance of buying the highest-grade non-GMO fish oil around, here’s a quick breakdown of the most important reasons.
- Choose Made In The USA - You’re more likely to get the ingredients that the bottle claims. We use FDA-compliant labeling.
- Fewer Contaminants - A high-quality distillation process ensures that the toxic contaminants fish pick up from the ocean are removed before being made into a capsule.
- Even Distribution - Special equipment ensures that you’re getting an even distribution of the supplement in every dose. Your body will thank you!
- Fresher Product - Nutraceutical supplements from overseas spend weeks in hot shipping containers, making the product less potent.
- Better Facilities - Our facility can be inspected by the health department at any time to ensure equipment has been properly cleaned between batches of supplements.
What does pharmaceutical-grade mean to you? It means that you’re getting a product that meets the same standards as those set up for both over-the-counter and prescription medicines. In short, it represents the highest standards of manufacture for purity that even exceed “food grade.”
So now that we’ve told you about the advantages of buying Dr. Dave’s Best non-GMO fish oil from BioStem, you’re probably wondering why we have four different kinds of fish oil: Dr. Dave’s Best Pharmaceutical-Grade Fish Oil, Dr. Dave’s Best Wild Red Fish Oil, Dr. Dave’s Best Super Omega-3, and Dr. Dave’s Best Ultra 85. Let’s take a look at each of them and the roles they can play in your health.
Dr. Dave’s Best Pharmaceutical-Grade Fish Oil
This is the fish oil that most people are looking for when they’re looking for a pharmaceutical-grade fish oil that they can use daily and over long periods of time. This fish oil comes in an easy-to-take capsule form and is a great “starter” fish oil if you’re simply hoping to improve your health.
We already discussed why fish oil is so important to health up above. After all, our bodies can’t produce omega-3 even though they are a necessary amino acid to stay healthy. Giving it a direct boost of omega-3 DHA and EPA means that you can decrease inflammation throughout your body, which leads to better heart, joint, and brain health.
The most natural way of getting the omega-3 into your diet is to eat a lot of fish. Unfortunately, polluted oceans mean that heavy metals such a lead, cadmium, and mercury lodge themselves into each fish’s cells, only to end up in your own. That’s why it’s best to go with a pharmaceutical-grade fish oil that removes these heavy metals during the manufacturing process.
What’s In Our Fish OIl?
So, now that you know what’s not in our pharmaceutical-grade fish oil, let’s take a look at what is in there.
- Fish Oil - This fish oil is sourced from anchovies, smaller fish that haven’t accumulated nearly as many heavy metals since they’re lower on the food chain. That fish oil is then processed via molecular distillation in order to remove any toxins that might be in the oil. This is the step that many food-grade drugstore brands don’t take. Our process truly makes them pharmaceutical-grade.
- Vitamin E - Fish oil is excellent at preventing oxidation in cells. Such a high intake of fish oil at once could lead to oxidation, so the vitamin E is there to stop this from happening. Exercise can also cause cell oxidation, so this vitamin E is there to help you recover from exercise as well.
- Polyunsaturated Fat - There are bad fats and there are good fats. When choosing a product, you want to choose the unsaturated fats such as monounsaturated or polyunsaturated.
- EPA and DHA - Dr. Dave’s Best Pharmaceutical-grade Fish Oil Supplements contain just the right amount of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid, 300mg) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid, 200mg). These are the amino acids that are found chiefly in cold-water, oily fish. While some EPA and DHA can be converted from plant-based omega-3 fatty acids called ALA, the conversion is very low. To get high levels of EPA and DHA, fish oil is necessary.
How To Take Our Non-GMO Fish OIl
With omega-3 being so important to health, you’ll want to keep it as a staple of your diet. We recommend two gel caps of our fish oil at every meal, so six capsules per day is just right.
Will you see overnight results from taking this supplement? Unfortunately not, and no fish oil can make such a claim. However, after more than a month you’re likely to start feeling healthier. After six weeks, there’s a very good chance that any blood work you have done will come back looking better regarding triglycerides and HDL cholesterol, and you’re blood pressure might see a slight drop as well. The healthy benefits make it an amazing longevity supplement.
Dr. Dave’s Best Wild Red Fish Oil
Our wild red fish oil is the only fish oil we carry in liquid form. It’s made from wild Alaskan pollock and is an MSC-certified, NSF-certified, non-GMO fish oil. When gel capsules are so much easier to use on-the-go, you might wonder why anyone would choose a liquid fish oil. And you’re probably also curious about how this oil is different from the pharmaceutical-grade fish oil we offered above. Let’s take a look.
All fish oils contain omega-3, and at that point you just have to choose the level of EPA or DHA that they contain. But not all fish oils contain omega-7 fatty acids. This is a much rarer form of omega acid that is being studied for its anti-inflammatory properties. The big difference is that it isn’t an essential acid like omega-3 is, but its healthy properties are certainly something to check out. Our wild red fish oil is also still loaded with omega-3 EPA and DHA.
While the name might sound scary, astaxanthin is simply an antioxidant that comes from the algae that the wild Alaskan pollock eat. Astaxanthin is capable of passing the blood-retinal barrier and is being studied for its ability to protect against macular degeneration.
Easy To Swallow
Some people just have a hard time swallowing a pill. We understand, and that’s why we now offer our fish oil that can be dispensed with a teaspoon.
Easy To MixNot everyone looks at taking their daily fish oil as something they “have to do.” In fact, some like having it in liquid form to see how it can liven up their meals and snacks.
You see, we’ve added a natural orange flavoring to this fish oil so that it tastes really good. Not many people are interested in having every meal taste like fish, but they are interested in a nice orange flavor! The citrus taste really makes it easy to use in many different foods. For instance, our wild red fish oil is now very easy to pour into a morning smoothie. It’s also an excellent citrus salad dressing to use, one that is high in good unsaturated fats. Once you start using this liquid fish oil in your meals, write back and let us know your recipes!
Easier For Pets
You might not know it, but your pets need omega-3 fatty acids just like you do. And like you, they can’t produce them and need to get them via their diet. Not only will it help them stay healthy, but it will make their fur shinier and more beautiful as well!
Getting animals to take pills can be difficult, but an orange-flavored oil? Not a problem!
What’s In Our Wild Red Fish Oil?
You should always be aware of what you’re buying when you purchase fish oil. Let’s take a look at what’s in ours.
- Fish Oil - This fish oil is made from wild Alaskan pollock that are sustainably fished by American fishmen. Our fish oil is made via molecular distillation, a process that removes the heavy metals that the fish pick up in the polluted oceans. This process leaves the natural vitamins such as…
- Vitamin A - Vitamin A is very important for maintaining healthy vision and keeping your bones strong. It’s also essential for your most vital organs, including the kidneys, lungs, heart, and skin. On top of all that, it’s also a booster of your immune system and is important to reproductive health.
- Vitamin D - Most people are aware of vitamin D’s vital role in helping a body absorb calcium. It also plays an important part in growing muscles, helping your nerves send signals, and boosting your immune system. With so much time spent indoors, most Americans simply aren’t getting enough vitamin D, and our non-GMO fish oil makes it easy to get a boost.
- Astaxanthin - Where does the “red” come from in wild red fish oil? The astaxanthin. Astaxanthin is an antioxidant that helps prevent free radical damage and helps protect eye health.
- EPA and DHA - These acids are powerhouses of health. Optimum levels of them are at least 300mg of EPA and 200mg of DHA. Dr. Dave’s Best includes 440mg of EPA and 220mg of DHA. We’ve got you covered!
- Omega-7 and Omega-9 - Non-essential omega acids that work as anti-inflammatories.
How Much Wild Red Fish Oil Is For Me?
A typical serving is one teaspoon. Thanks to the pleasant orange taste, you can drink it straight or add it to foods. Our bottles come with 50 servings.
Dr. Dave’s Best Super Omega-3
Without a doubt, fish oil is one of the most studied and trusted nutraceutical supplements on the planet. Our bodies need the omega-3 EPA and DHA that fish oils provide, and fish oil alone has been shown to have an overall positive effect on blood pressure, reducing heart disease and improving overall heart health, reducing the likelihood of a stroke, increase HDL (good) cholesterol), and helping with joint health.
But as good as fish oil is, there are ways to improve it, especially if you’re dealing with metabolic syndrome or high cholesterol. We’ve taken “The Big 5” disease-fighting regenerative supplements and put them in one packet so that you can get the anti-inflammatory agents you’re looking for as easily as possible and on a daily basis. Let’s discuss why Dr. Dave’s Best Super Omega-3 packets are so effective at tackling problems such as metabolic syndrome.
What is Metabolic Syndrome?
Metabolic syndrome isn’t a disease by itself. It’s actually a collection of maladies that are often connected due to genetics, poor diet, and lack of exercise. There are many health problems associated with metabolic syndrome.
- Unhealthy Cholesterol Levels - As you probably know, there is HDL (High-density lipoprotein, often called good cholesterol) and LDL (Low-density lipoprotein, aka bad cholesterol). Too much cholesterol can build up in your arteries and make it harder for your heart to pump blood.
- High Blood Pressure - High blood pressure, often called hypertension, means that you have narrowed arteries, which can damage both the arteries and the heart. It can also lead to stroke.
- High Blood Sugar - High blood sugar, also known as hyperglycemia, means that there’s too much glucose in your body and in the bloodstream. This could lead to diabetes.
- High Triglycerides - Triglycerides are a type of fat in your blood, and some are necessary for your body to function properly. Problems arise when the level of triglycerides is too high; high triglycerides have been associated with a higher risk of heart disease. High levels are often due to taking in too many calories (and subsequent obesity), excessive alcohol intake, kidney disease, and poorly-controlled diabetes.
- Belly Fat - Having fat around the middle is just about the worst place to keep it on your body. Losing this fat via diet and exercise reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance, and type 2 diabetes.
- Fatty Liver - Like the rest of your body, the liver is supposed to have some fat. It’s when there’s an excess of fat that problems can arise and lead to a fatty liver. The most common cause of fatty liver is heavy drinking (which can lead to permanent scarring called cirrhosis), though fatty liver is often a side-effect of many of the problems mentioned above, including obesity and diabetes.
Having just one of these problems isn’t good, and each could be addressed individually. But when all of these problems combine, many doctors will label the general problem as metabolic syndrome. What’s to be done? Find a supplement that has everything you need.
What’s In Our “Fish Oil On Steroids”?
So, what exactly will you find in our health supplements online, and why is this called “fish oil on steroids”? Don’t worry, there aren’t any actual steroids! Here’s a quick list of the ingredients and what parts of metabolic syndrome they are addressing.
- Fish Oil - The oil you’ll find in Super Omega-3 is pharmaceutical-grade fish oil. This fish oil is made from anchovies, and any toxins the fish pick up from the oceans are removed via the process of molecular distillation. This microscopic removal of heavy metals is something that not all drug-store fish oils can claim.
- EPA and DHA - These are necessary acids that the body needs via diet. A quality fish oil should have a minimum of 300 mg of EPA and 200 mg of DHA. Super Omega-3 packets include 360mg of EPA and 240mg of DHA.
- Hawthorn Berry - Hawthorn berry extract is being studied for it ability to improve blood flow through the circulatory system and help with heart function, including reducing arrhythmias. Those in tests have reported improved breathing during exercise. It can also act as a free-radical neutralizer thanks to its antioxidant properties.
- Curcumin Turmeric Extract - Turmeric is a plant in the ginger family and has been used as medicine and as a yellow-orange dye for thousands of years. It’s is a primary source of curcumin, a chemical that has been found to have natural anti-inflammatory properties. It fights against free-radicals and can prevent cell damage in the future.
- Tocotrienols - Tocotrienols can prevent hardening of the arteries by preventing the oxidation of LDL cholesterol. Hardened arteries can lead to heart problems and stroke.
- Rosemary - Rosemary extract can help with cholesterol, preventing your body from absorbing it so that it can be more easily excreted.
- Vitamin E - Both exercising and fish oil can up the rate of oxidation in cells. But adding vitamin E, we’re able to keep that oxidation down.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 - Both vitamins are necessary for good health, some studies showing that it improves heart health.
Why Not Just Take Statins?
If you go to the doctor and he or she discovers that you have high cholesterol, they may very well put you on statins. Statins lower cholesterol in the body by preventing the liver from making so much; dietary cholesterol doesn’t pose as high a problem if the liver is producing less, though you should still try to reduce your intake of cholesterol-producing foods. While statins are very good at reducing cholesterol and lowering people’s risk of heart attacks and strokes, they’re not without their side effects.
Muscle Pain - The most common side effect of statins comes in the form of muscle pain. This can lead to minor side effect like sore or tired muscles, making it difficult to exercise. It can also cause pain that’s so painful that it’s impossible to engage in simple daily activities.
Liver Damage - With the liver performing upward of 600 tasks for the body, it’s important to keep it happy. Though uncommon, statins can cause overproduction of enzymes that lead to inflammation that can damage the liver.
Increased Risk of Type 2 Diabetes - When you are suffering from metabolic syndrome, you are already at a higher risk of becoming insulin resistant and developing type two diabetes. Statins further increase the chance that you’ll have higher blood glucose levels, which could further lead to the changes you’ll get type 2 diabetes.
Memory Loss and/or Confusion - Though uncommon, some people have reported memory loss or confusion while on statins. These problems seem to resolve themselves when statins are stopped.
If your doctor has you on statins, you should continue taking them. But you could also talk to them about the benefits of high-grade fish oil pills and how you could transition to a nutraceutical supplement instead of a pharmaceutical one.
You’ll notice that each bottle of Dr. Dave’s Best Super Omega-3 has 30 packets inside. You might wonder why the packets are necessary instead of just shoving everything into one pill. Well, fish oil is obviously a liquid and should remain so to retain its potency. Other ingredients, though, are better in tablet or capsule form because they are a dry extract. Keeping everything separate ensures that all ingredients remain in the best possible state when you are ready to take them.
Trust In Dr. Dave’s Best!
Dr. Dave’s Best is a supplement that takes the best nutraceutical supplements available and delivers them to you in a simple-to-take packet. Just one small packet a day can help get your body’s problems under control, including helping you improve your cholesterol. Try it for 30 days and be convinced!
Dr. Dave’s Best Ultra 85
Each of our pharmaceutical-grade fish oils serves a very specific purpose. Our most basic fish oil (still better than anything you’ll find at the local drug store) is for anyone looking for the great advantages fish oil delivers while avoiding the heavy metals that are found in many cold-water fish. Our Wild Red Fish Oil is in liquid form and has a nice orange flavor to it, making it perfect for anyone who wants to mix it with food or take it straight. And our Super Omega-3 fish oil packets combine many heart- and artery-healthy benefits beyond what only fish oil can deliver; it’s perfect for those who are interested in managing their cholesterol.
So you must be curious: what makes Dr. Dave’s Best Ultra 85 the absolute best fish oil on the market? We’re glad you asked, because we love bragging about the purity of this amazing product.
It Has The Highest Potency
We’re happy to tell you that you’re not going to find a more potent fish oil on the market. A good fish oil will contain a recommended amount of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), two acids the body requires to function properly. These tend to be around 300 mg of EPA and 200 mg of DHA.
Here’s where Ultra 85 shines. Each serving has 1530 mg of EPA and 510 mg of DHA. That’s between 2.5 and 5 times the dosage you’ll find in most other supplements! Don’t worry, this dosage is still within safe levels for fish oil supplements. Best of all, the process we use guarantees an equal amount of omega-3 in each pill, ensuring you’re getting the dose you’ve been promised each time.
Why would someone want to get the absolute most potent fish oil out there? Some people have experienced the power of fish oil in the past and want to “double-down” on it, much as some people do on vitamins when they have a cold. Others have gotten scary blood work back from the doctor and are interested in hitting their negative results with the most potent nutraceutical supplement available. Having low omega-3 can lead to many health problems and allow ones that are easily avoidable to develop. Taking high doses can get the body back on track.
It Gets Further Into Your Digestive System
A pill that digests too early can be prevented from delivering its full potential. The special gel-coated capsule we use in Ultra 85 doesn’t fully dissolve until it gets to the small intestine. Why is this so important? The small intestine is where the most fat absorption occurs. Since fish oils are one of the good fats (polyunsaturated, to be exact), this means that you’ll get the most absorption of the omega-3 into your system.
The Orange Taste
This is a lot of fish oil, we won’t deny it. For those who are able to swallow a larger pill, it’s an excellent option.
Because there’s so much oil in them, they are equivalent to multiple pills from other sources. That much oil could cause the dreaded fish burps, which is something we wanted to avoid. You shouldn’t have to suffer just because you’re interested in getting as much good stuff into your body as possible. That’s why we’ve added a pleasant orange flavor to it.
What's In Each Capsule?
You should be careful about the fish oil you ingest, especially if you’re interested in getting the highest concentration. Here’s what you’ll find in ours
- Fish Oil - The main ingredient is, of course, fish oil. It has been distilled via molecular distillation, which removes the heavy metals such as mercury, lead, and cadmium. Once those metals get into a human body, they tend to stay there and are cumulative. While it’s important to get your omega-3 from fish, it’s also important to avoid the heavy metals in our oceans as much as possible.
- EPA and DHA - As we mentioned above, the levels of our EPA (1360 mg) and DHA (510 mg) are simply off the charts. The process we use guarantees a minimum potency per capsule of 85% EPA and DHA.
- Vitamin D - Americas simply aren’t getting enough vitamin D, which is vital in bone health. Just as vitamin D helps with bone absorption, it can also help absorb omega-3 fatty acids.
- Vitamin E - A large influx of fish oil (or even exercise) can lead to oxidation in the body. Adding vitamin E to the capsules minimizes any oxidation that occurs.
Ready To Get The Best?
We would happily put our Ultra 85 pharmaceutical-grade fish up against any fish oil on the market, because we know we’ll come out on top for potency and consistency. Grab some today to find out exactly what it can do for you!
* Disclaimer: Dr. Dave’s Best products are classified as a food supplement. Dr. Dave’s Best and BioStem make no claims to diagnose treat or mitigate any disease process. These products are not to be consumed by anyone under the age of 21 unless prescribed by physician. Persons who suffer from seizure disorders, depression, alcohol abuse, or operate dangerous machinery including motor vehicles should not consume these products without the supervision of their personal doctor. The use of this or any other Dr. Dave’s Best products does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship with Dr. Dave and his customers. Pregnant and nursing mothers should not consume this product without consulting a physician first. The FDA has not evaluated any statements made about these products.